• Menu
  • Menu

Archive - 1980's

Planters National Bank

The Planters National Bank was built in 1920 by a gentleman by the name of William Lane. He was also the president of the bank. Though while the Bank was built in 1920, the charter has existed since...

Thompson Building

The Thompson Building, one of Hot Spring’s most recognizable landmarks, was built in 1913 and originally housed medical offices. These were converted into a hotel in the 1940’s. The building features...

Ross Van Ness School

The little community of Ross Van Ness never made huge headlines, but the school became a landing spot for some students after a national headline fueled by racial tension. Stories vary about what...

Old Monroe County Jail

The old two story Monroe county jail is located in the county seat of Clarendon Arkansas. It features an art deco architecture and was constructed by Pauly Jail Manufacturing of Saint Louis Missouri...

Paragould Power Plant

This building in downtown Paragould once housed the city’s power station. Evidence within the building indicates the facility was used into the 1980s. Local residents informed us that the...

Parsley’s Grocery & Station

Parsley’s Grocery and Station was a family run Grocery store and Gas station that ran from about the 20’s to the early 80’s. This local station was a subsidiary of Texaco Gas. The...

West Side Junior High School

The historical West Side Junior High School in Little Rock was vacant for nearly twenty years where it was stripped and destroyed almost entirely by vagrants and vandals. For a moment, it seemed as...

Gazzola Memorial Mercy Hospital

This hospital first opened in the late 1940s as the Gazzola Memorial Mercy Hospital. For the first several years the hospital was ran by nuns. Over the years the hospital changed it’s name...

Dugan-Stuart Building

Looking above altered first floor storefronts the Dugan-Stuart building remains a testimony to the early 20th century architecture. Built in 1904 four at house medical offices, this building has two...

Conway Homestead

This once grand home had been abandoned on Highway 64 in Conway for over twenty-five years. When the last owner moved out in 1983, she left the property empty. Several years of weathering and...

Copyright © 2009- - Abandoned Atlas Foundation - board@AbandonedAtlas.com | Designed By Prairie Nation Creative, LLC - Disclaimer