• Menu
  • Menu

Archive - Northern Arkansas

The Indian Mall

Built in 1968, the Indian Mall in Jonesboro was the only mall serving the Northeast corner of Arkansas. The mall housed early versions of Dillard’s, Gamestop, a TG&Y store, Sears, and a...

Planters National Bank

The Planters National Bank was built in 1920 by a gentleman by the name of William Lane. He was also the president of the bank. Though while the Bank was built in 1920, the charter has existed since...

Burton Mercantile And Gin Company

“An invention that changed the world.” Abstracting from the normal format of blogs here on Abandoned Arkansas, this blog about a cotton gin in Tupelo will be in a first person point of...

Hallie’s Rest Stop & Zoo

Arkansas’ most unique “Rest Stop” had a lot more to offer than a few snacks and a drink. Hallie Charles Ormond first opened the rest stop & zoo in on labor day, 1973 with hopes...

Garrett Memorial Presbyterian Church

Located in Snowball Arkansas, this old church was also used as a small community building when services weren’t held on Sundays.  Today the church sits empty and abandoned. As of 2014, the town...

Newton County Jail

In 1901 citizens of Newton County donated $1,500 so that a new courthouse and jail could be built in Jasper. Set to be completed no later than June 25, 1902, and was completed made of local stone...

Gypsy Camp

According to Maggie Smith (author of Hico, a Heritage), the story of Gypsy Camp begins with a fishing trip. Around 1921, two brothers from Tulsa, Oklahoma took a fishing trip on the Illinois River...

Peppersauce Ghost Town

There is only one authentic ghost town in America that actually exists inside the city limits of a functioning town. That ghost town is Peppersauce, or East Calico, which is considered part of the...

Burdette School

The Burdette School Complex is a collection of historic school buildings at 153 East Park Lane in Burdette, Arkansas. It consists of six buildings, five of which were built between 1922 and 1948. The...

Fourche Valley School

Fourche Valley school district was created in 1928. Bluffton and Briggsville schools combined to form Fourche Valley. Red Hill was the third school to enter Fourche Valley and many followed to...

Copyright © 2009- - Abandoned Atlas Foundation - board@AbandonedAtlas.com | Designed By Prairie Nation Creative, LLC - Disclaimer