• Menu
  • Menu

Archive - Hot Springs

Cottage Court Historic District

Decades ago, at the dawn of the twentieth century, travelers from Little Rock (Pulaski County) and other cities to the north of Hot Springs became very familiar with Park Avenue as a crucial part of...

The Majestic Hotel

The Majestic property was originally the site of the Hiram Whittington House in 1870. The Avenue Hotel was the first name given to the hotel, built in 1882, featuring an electric dining room and gas...

Thompson Building

The Thompson Building, one of Hot Spring’s most recognizable landmarks, was built in 1913 and originally housed medical offices. These were converted into a hotel in the 1940’s. The building features...

Greenwood Elementary

Not necessarily the rules that we all grew up with in school…but then again, the old Summit School wasn’t necessarily always like most schools. Originally built as Greenwood in 1939 as a regular...

Mountainaire Hotel

The Mountainaire Hotel, AKA “the Mountaineer Hotel,” is one of the finest examples of Art Moderne architecture in the area and perhaps even in the state. The twin buildings were...

Old Malco Theatre

The Malco Theatre was built on a site that has housed vaudeville shows, silent movies, modern films, and specialty productions. The Malco, which was frequented by Bill Clinton as a boy, is home to...

Arbordale Fountain Lake

Built in 1933 not far from Fountain Lake School District, lies a big white stucco archway, for many years people have wondered what is behind that big white stucco archway, Dr. H. D. Ferguson...

Maurice Bathhouse

Construction began on the new Maurice Bathhouse in 1911 and was completed by 1912. The building was designed by George Gleim, Jr. of Chicago. The building was remodeled in 1915, following a design by...

Medical Arts Building

In 1930, in downtown Hot Springs, two blocks from the Majestic Hotel, the Medical Arts Building became the tallest building west of Mississippi from the day it finished construction until 1960. This...

Belvedere Country Club

The Belvedere Country Club, located on the edge of Hot Springs, used to be the gateway to Spa City before Highway 7 was built. Today, what was once a thriving community hot spot is now a fading...

Copyright © 2009- - Abandoned Atlas Foundation - board@AbandonedAtlas.com | Designed By Prairie Nation Creative, LLC - Disclaimer