• Menu
  • Menu

Archive - 1980's

The De Soto Hotel

The first certified fire-proof building in Hot Springs opened in 1926 as the Howe Hotel. It was a seven story building featuring 150 rooms, a coffee shop in the lobby, and an additional lounge on the...

Hotel Pines

Mankind has always carried within himself the innate desire to shape and mold the world around us to our own personal desires and likings – even when the steps required in doing so are of epic...

Booneville Rock Island Depot

  Grier Eating House The Rock Island Depot in Booneville was originally known as the Grier Eating House. The hotels and eating houses conducted by Rock Island Railway were turned over to in 1907...

jaredround7

Historic Roundtop Filling Station

The Roundtop Filling Station was built in 1936 by the Justin Matthews Company for the Pierce Oil Company. Pierce Oil was one of the “baby Standards” formed after the U.S. Government’s breakup of John...

Unknown Houston Cemetery

This post features two cemeteries found in the middle of Houston. Most of the headstones are marked with tag numbers that indicated a club that they were involved with. This cemetery is no longer...

Pilgrim Rest Cemetery

This cemetery lies next to an active church in Scott Arkansas. Most of the forest behind the church has gobbled up the headstones, and many vandals and thefts have been in and out of the cemetery...

Holman School

History of Holman School The Holman School was created by a need for Black children to get some type of education. It was then known as Northside School. The first location was a frame building on...

Copyright © 2009- - Abandoned Atlas Foundation - board@AbandonedAtlas.com | Designed By Prairie Nation Creative, LLC - Disclaimer