• Menu
  • Menu

Archive - 1910's

First Christian Church of Lonoke

For the first time in 15 years, the doors to the First Christian Church of Lonoke were opened. In collaboration with The Lonoke County Museum, and the current owner, one of our team members were...

Coker Hotel

THIS LOCATION IS NOT OPEN TO THE PUBLIC There are some buildings in this world that have a lot more than just 4 walls an opening date and some history. The Coker Hotel in Warren Arkansas may look...

Dreamland Ballroom

Built between 1916 and 1918 by the Arkansas chapter of the Knights and Daughters of Tabor, Taborian Temple – renamed Taborian Hall by the 1950s – was a major hub of African-American...

Thompson Building

The Thompson Building, one of Hot Spring’s most recognizable landmarks, was built in 1913 and originally housed medical offices. These were converted into a hotel in the 1940’s. The building features...

Arkansas Democrat Building

Architect Charles L. Thompson, the last surviving Architect that founded Cromwell Architects and Engineers, designed the Arkansas Democrat building in 1916 as a Neoclassical Revival Style. This gave...

Parkdale High School

In Ashley County, there are many small communities, once  hubs of activity, that are now gently sleeping. No school bells ring in Parkdale anymore; students go to Hamburg, or Lake Village, among...

First Presbyterian Church

The First Presbyterian Church of Fordyce is important both for the history of its congregation and the significance of its talented designer. The First Presbyterian Church was organized in August...

Old Malco Theatre

The Malco Theatre was built on a site that has housed vaudeville shows, silent movies, modern films, and specialty productions. The Malco, which was frequented by Bill Clinton as a boy, is home to...

Mountain Crest Academy

The Mountain Crest Academy was located in Franklin County and was founded by the Presbyterian Churches to serve rural Arkansas. The idea of the academy was started by Rev John Jeter and his wife who...

First Baptist Church

Construction The First Baptist Church of Osceola (FBC) was organized in 1850, making it the first and oldest Baptist church in Mississippi County. On March 30, 1880, FBC purchased a lot and built a...

Copyright © 2009- - Abandoned Atlas Foundation - board@AbandonedAtlas.com | Designed By Prairie Nation Creative, LLC - Disclaimer