• Menu
  • Menu

Archive - Guest

Army Navy Hospital

Army Navy Hospital

Army and Navy General Hospital Allegedly the vision for the Army and Navy General Hospital came in 1882 at a dinner party in the Palace Bathhouse when Senator John Logan had deemed Hot Springs as the...

Huntington Jail

Huntington Jail

The City of Huntington announced on May 31, 1888, that sealed bids for a calaboose that would be 14×18 feet and a 12-inch partition. Vernacular cut stone was used for the construction and while...

Hartman Jail

Hartman Jail

Not much is known about the Hartman Jail, it is a small, single-cell built of rock. Preserved beautifully, with its history undocumented, it is one of the most perfect examples of why we take the...

The Indian Mall

The Indian Mall

Built in 1968, the Indian Mall in Jonesboro was the only mall serving the Northeast corner of Arkansas. The mall housed early versions of Dillard’s, Gamestop, a TG&Y store, Sears, and a...

Cottage Court Historic District

Cottage Court Historic District

Decades ago, at the dawn of the twentieth century, travelers from Little Rock (Pulaski County) and other cities to the north of Hot Springs became very familiar with Park Avenue as a crucial part of...

Plumerville Jail

Plumerville Jail

This one room jail in Plumerville was built sometime around the early 1900s. This style of concrete “pour-in-place” construction was perfected around the 1910s in the midwest. It displays...

Wild River Country

Wild River Country

Arkansas’ Largest Water Park We have fun and exciting attractions in the great outdoors. Wild River Country, a 26-acre park offers a fun-filled day of non-stop fun with thirteen attractions...

Magazine Jail

Magazine Jail

By 1934, the citizens of Magazine, Arkansas had decided upon the need for a jail structure. Most towns across the midwest had already had these tiny one-cell jails at this point. The jail was made of...

Burdette School

Burdette School

The Burdette School Complex is a collection of historic school buildings at 153 East Park Lane in Burdette, Arkansas. It consists of six buildings, five of which were built between 1922 and 1948. The...

McCartney Hotel

McCartney Hotel

Built in 1929 and designed by Joseph Finger, the McCartney was named after W.A. McCartney, SR. McCartney became a very important man in Texarkana who moved to the town as a small child in 1874...

Copyright © 2009- - Abandoned Atlas Foundation - board@AbandonedAtlas.com | Designed By Prairie Nation Creative, LLC - Disclaimer