• Menu
  • Menu

Archive - 1920's

Burdette School

Burdette School

The Burdette School Complex is a collection of historic school buildings at 153 East Park Lane in Burdette, Arkansas. It consists of six buildings, five of which were built between 1922 and 1948. The...

Masonic Home For The Aged

Masonic Home For The Aged

  On the northwest corner of E. Harrison and N. Ash is a six-story brick building that once housed a Masonic Home for the Aged. Construction began in 1926. Thirty-seven residents moved into the...

Logan County Memorial Hospital

Logan County Memorial Hospital

The Logan County Memorial Hospital of Guthrie Oklahoma was formerly named the Benedictine Heights Hospital. Construction started in 1926 and was slowly built due to the depression. It was completed...

McCartney Hotel

McCartney Hotel

Built in 1929 and designed by Joseph Finger, the McCartney was named after W.A. McCartney, SR. McCartney became a very important man in Texarkana who moved to the town as a small child in 1874...

Parsley's Grocery & Station

Parsley’s Grocery & Station

Parsley’s Grocery and Station was a family run Grocery store and Gas station that ran from about the 20’s to the early 80’s. This local station was a subsidiary of Texaco Gas. The...

Warner Brown Hospital

Warner Brown Hospital

In 1919 construction began on the initial portion of El Dorado’s hospital. It was financed by Paul Brown and local businessmen. The hospital cost approximately $300,000 and was named in memory...

Southside Elementary

Southside Elementary

Southside Elementary School is the oldest school building in El Dorado that was still in use as of April 23 1986. It is a 2 Story building with a spacious basement. It is one year older then the...

Lane Hotel

Lane Hotel

Locked and vacant since 2003 the Lane Hotel is a significant part of downtown Rogers history. John Parks Almand designed the hotel and it is five stories high with Spanish colonial architecture...

batesville-cc-michael_00002

Batesville Country Club

In 1927, construction began on a country club that would feature an 18 hole golf course, pool, bar, restaurant and a lounge. The interior of the main clubhouse was very decorative and was built...

Cartwright Gas and Grocery

Cartwright Gas and Grocery

In the early 1900’s in the town of Otto, a brand new gas station called the Cartwright store opened. The owner, Mr. Cartwright and his family lived in the back of the store and operated the...

Copyright © 2009- - Abandoned Atlas Foundation - board@AbandonedAtlas.com | Designed By Prairie Nation Creative, LLC - Disclaimer