|City/Town: • Texarkana|
|Location Class: • Hotel/Motel|
|Year Built: • 1929|
|Year Abandoned: • 1975|
|Status: • Abandoned • Gutted|
|Photojournalist: • Lana Yates|
Built in 1929 and designed by Joseph Finger, the McCartney was named after W.A. McCartney, SR.
McCartney became a very important man in Texarkana who moved to the town as a small child in 1874. Unfortunately due to air travel becoming more popular than rail travel, business declined in the mid 1970’s enough to force it’s closure.
It remains abandoned today and is just a shell of what it used to be.