• Menu
  • Menu

Archive - 1920's

Planters National Bank

The Planters National Bank was built in 1920 by a gentleman by the name of William Lane. He was also the president of the bank. Though while the Bank was built in 1920, the charter has existed since...

Donaghey Building

It seems like the idea of skyscrapers downtown is always a good idea. There is lots of room for commercial spaces, it adds to the city skyline and can make for a great view when you go to the top...

Morris Booker Memorial College

Morris Booker Memorial College has a dual history. Before its final name, the college was The Chicot County Training School in Dermott. The single-story building was built in 1929 by funding from the...

Murphy Jeffries Building

An unobtrusive, yet important building to Little Rock’s history and Little Rock’s black history is the Murphy Jeffries Building on Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. It was built in 1925 and purchased in...

Scipio Africanus Jones House

Scipio Africanus Jones was born in 1863 in Tulip, Arkansas to a slave, Jemmima Jones. His father was his mother’s white owner, Dr. Sanford Reamey, a prominent citizen of Tulip. As a child, he...

Gypsy Camp

According to Maggie Smith (author of Hico, a Heritage), the story of Gypsy Camp begins with a fishing trip. Around 1921, two brothers from Tulsa, Oklahoma took a fishing trip on the Illinois River...

Saenger Theater

The Saenger Theatre, which opened in Pine Bluff on November 17, 1924, was called “The Showplace of the South” and made Pine Bluff an entertainment center for people in southeast Arkansas. It was one...

Burdette School

The Burdette School Complex is a collection of historic school buildings at 153 East Park Lane in Burdette, Arkansas. It consists of six buildings, five of which were built between 1922 and 1948. The...

Masonic Home For The Aged

  On the northwest corner of E. Harrison and N. Ash is a six-story brick building that once housed a Masonic Home for the Aged. Construction began in 1926. Thirty-seven residents moved into the...

Logan County Memorial Hospital

The Logan County Memorial Hospital of Guthrie Oklahoma was formerly named the Benedictine Heights Hospital. Construction started in 1926 and was slowly built due to the depression. It was completed...

Copyright © 2009- - Abandoned Atlas Foundation - board@AbandonedAtlas.com | Designed By Prairie Nation Creative, LLC - Disclaimer