• Menu
  • Menu

Archive - Abandoned

Planters National Bank

The Planters National Bank was built in 1920 by a gentleman by the name of William Lane. He was also the president of the bank. Though while the Bank was built in 1920, the charter has existed since...

Burton Mercantile And Gin Company

“An invention that changed the world.” Abstracting from the normal format of blogs here on Abandoned Arkansas, this blog about a cotton gin in Tupelo will be in a first person point of...

KNBY / KOKR Radio Station

“The Voice of The White River Valley” Nestled in the center of the White River Valley stands a monument to Rock and Roll history and the development of modern media. A one story building...

First Christian Church of Lonoke

For the first time in 15 years, the doors to the First Christian Church of Lonoke were opened. In collaboration with The Lonoke County Museum, and the current owner, one of our team members were...

Plumerville Jail

This one room jail in Plumerville was built sometime around the early 1900s. This style of concrete “pour-in-place” construction was perfected around the 1910s in the midwest. It displays...

Wild River Country

Arkansas’ Largest Water Park We have fun and exciting attractions in the great outdoors. The 26-acre park offers a sun-filled day of non-stop fun with thirteen attractions, party decks, three...

Morris Booker Memorial College

Morris Booker Memorial College has a dual history. Before its final name, the college was The Chicot County Training School in Dermott. The single-story building was built in 1929 by funding from the...

Magazine Jail

By 1934, the citizens of Magazine, Arkansas had decided upon the need for a jail structure. Most towns across the midwest had already had these tiny one cell jails at this point. The jail was made of...

Scipio Africanus Jones House

Scipio Africanus Jones was born in 1863 in Tulip, Arkansas to a slave, Jemmima Jones. His father was his mother’s white owner, Dr. Sanford Reamey, a prominent citizen of Tulip. As a child, he...

Christ for the World Church

Christ for the world church as founded in 1984 by Bobby Hogan. With now 3 locations and a world outreach program, this little church building became too small and was vacated in the late 2000s. Most...

Copyright © 2009- - Abandoned Atlas Foundation - board@AbandonedAtlas.com | Designed By Prairie Nation Creative, LLC - Disclaimer