• Menu
  • Menu

Archive - Gutted

Burton Mercantile And Gin Company

“An invention that changed the world.” Abstracting from the normal format of blogs here on Abandoned Arkansas, this blog about a cotton gin in Tupelo will be in a first person point of...

Christ for the World Church

Christ for the world church as founded in 1984 by Bobby Hogan. With now 3 locations and a world outreach program, this little church building became too small and was vacated in the late 2000s. Most...

Rolling Thunder at Toad Suck Dam

The only remnants of the former sprawling home and grand swimming area overlooking Toad Suck lock and dam is a concrete slab, steel beams, a couple of fireplaces, and an empty swimming pool. The...

Abandoned Arkansas Book

If you have ever driven by a building and wondered what has happened within its walls, you know what drives Abandoned Arkansas. Every day neglected structures are on the verge of being demolished or...

Little Rock Job Corps Center

This empty eight story building looms along the side of I30: it is the former Little Rock Job Corps center. The building has been a crumbling reminder of waste, with a history of break-ins, theft and...

William E. Woodruff House

The Woodruff House (added to the National Register of Historic Places on March, 21, 1989) is significant for its association with William E. Woodruff, founder and longtime editor of the Arkansas...

McCartney Hotel

Built in 1929 and designed by Joseph Finger, the McCartney was named after W.A. McCartney, SR. McCartney became a very important man in Texarkana who moved to the town as a small child in 1874...

Booneville Community Hospital

One important historical landmark which some may have forgotten is Booneville’s former Community Hospital building which was constructed in the years 1961 and 1962 and built at the cost of...

Parsley’s Grocery & Station

Parsley’s Grocery and Station was a family run Grocery store and Gas station that ran from about the 20’s to the early 80’s. This local station was a subsidiary of Texaco Gas. The...

First Baptist Church

Construction The First Baptist Church of Osceola (FBC) was organized in 1850, making it the first and oldest Baptist church in Mississippi County. On March 30, 1880, FBC purchased a lot and built a...

Copyright © 2009- - Abandoned Atlas Foundation - board@AbandonedAtlas.com | Designed By Prairie Nation Creative, LLC - Disclaimer