|City/Town: • Hot Springs|
|Location Class: • Industrial • Theater|
|Year Built: • 1950's | Year Abandoned: • 2003|
|Status: • Abandoned|
|Photojournalist: • Michael Schwarz • Grant King|
Wilson concrete first opened for business on this location in the early 1970’s. They featured in producing concrete blocks and bricks. They also specialized in producing concrete statues including fountains used for decoration in the front lawns. In the early 2000’s the demand for concrete was decreasing and eventually Wilson Concrete decided to shut down.
Before the Wilson concrete plant moved in The old 70 drive-in movie theater set on this property. It originally opened in the early 1950’s and closed in the 1960’s due to decreasing business. When the plant wanted the space for their industrial park, they tore down the old theater except for the screen. A local was on the property when The demolition process started, and convinced the crew to save the screen.
The old screen is now hidden behind several trees, and is across a creek adjacent to the plant. It is slowly rotting away, and there’s not much left.